Friday, July 29, 2011

Ghost Hunting Love Affair

So ever since I've had to pay for cable (3 weeks after moving out of Mom's), I've indulged myself in paranormal TV reality shows from Ghost Adventures to My Ghost Story to Psychic Kids, and Paranormal State.  I'm hooked.  And aside from the premium channel TV shows like Game of Thrones and True Blood, I really look forward to watching them on my DVR. 

I'll give my two cents about my three favorite ghost shows.  Ok maybe four.

Ghost Adventures:  It's three guys from Vegas - Zak Bagans, Nick Groff, and Aaron Goodwin.  These guys are bent on showing the world that ghosts exist.  Zak is a semi-yummy beefcake and he does a pretty good job in ghost hunting.  He knows his equipment and has had his share of personal experiences, from getting mysterious scratches to being touched by a succubus.  And he says "phenomenas" which drives me crazy (if you wanna know why it does, email me!).  Nick Groff is Zak's partner and he's low-key... and unfortunately for him, he reminds me of my first boyfriend.  But I like him - he's mellow jello and brave.  Then there's Aaron, who seems to be the most transformed by his experiences with the GA crew.  Zak and Nick said that he used to wear John Deere t-shirts and now he wears black tees like the rest of them.  And he seems to have lost a lot of weight, but he's still the bitch in the bunch.  Whenever they need to send a "victim" to go solo on an EVP session, they send him because ghosts supposedly find it easier to manifest around scaredy-cats as opposed to macho men.

Paranormal State:  This show's kinda cool - like Ghost Hunters, the Paranormal Research Society try to help people out with their paranormal issues like "sixth-sense experiences, ghost sightings, demonic disturbances, and brushes with the darkest areas of the unknown".  From the few episodes I've seen, we get a fair amount of evidence on film, which makes for a good ghost hunting show in my book.

Psychic Kids: Children of the Paranormal:  By far my favorite paranormal show.  There are a vast number of children who have gifts they are afraid of.  They wish they could turn it off, and they are terrified.  And it affects their social relationships.  What happens in this show is that the two kids that are featured get to go on a weekend retreat where they face their fears with the help of psychics/mediums.  What I like about the show is how not only do the kids get help, but many times, they are taught to help these ghosts move on, into the light, onto the other side.  That's mainly the reason why they bother these kids in the first place anyway.

So these are my favorite three.  And they're very entertaining.  It's even sparked a curiosity in me - about possibly communicating with my late best friend Julia.  I never had a "last words" with her - although I was there to see her the day before she passed, I really never got my goodbye and to this day (it's been 2+ years), I haven't mourned or cried.  Something I've been thinking about, and something I know I can't do alone.

On a lighter note, here's a list of like shows I enjoy from time to time, including the ones above:
  1. Psychic Kids: Children of the Paranormal
  2. Paranormal State
  3. Ghost Adventures
  4. Ghost Hunters
  5. My Ghost Story
  6. Ghost Lab
  7. Celebrity Ghost Stories
  8. Destination Truth
  9. Ghostly Encounters
  10. Haunted History
  11. A Haunting
  12. Paranormal Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment