Monday, March 21, 2011

Mid-semester trod...

Ah, March of 2011.  I knew this was the year.  I've finally moved out of Mom's and loving it!  We can all breathe and be freeeeeeeee.  There's no garden, unfortunately, but we are all here, under the same roof, and building up the blessings.

I've lost a couple inches since the beginning of the semester - it's just about midterm time.  I should've taken before pictures.  Oh well.  The distance is just a tad bit closer to school from here, and the ride is still great, when the weather is good.  I need to find something to do as far as cardio during the weekends.  My body feels the difference when my heart doesn't get to pump from Friday to Monday - that's 4 days without cardio!  Not cool!  I'm hoping to be able to continue the workouts during summer break.

The week of the moveout couldn't have been more hectic.  That same week, I had parent committee meetings for both Kingsley & Leely's schools, a policy council meeting, lean start class, my teaching some parents the fundamentals of Tai Chi as my final project for Tai Chi class (which really was more meditation and breathing exercises), and my teaching (with great help from another mother from Kingsley's school) some other parents on how to crochet.  I also had to request a transfer Kings from his home school to a school in the district that scored in the top ten in API.  Now that's only the kids stuff.  For MY schooling, I had a Tai Chi performance test, a paper due in Physical Conditioning, and a Math exam.  Gather all that and throw in some data entry, reports, and bill collecting for Aero-Clean, some administrative work for the music biz, and an interview with AppleOne for even more work!  Did I mention I was in the middle of moving throughout all this?  Hahaha... life is funny that way.

But we've finally begun to settle in, and it's nice.  Funny, it didn't feel like our place until the internet and cable was installed almost 2 weeks after the initial move.  Yay cable!  Now to get a nice TV....

Anybody out there want to donate a MacBook 13"?  I'll be your bff....

...just thought I'd throw that out there.

I've started a new crochet project.  I'll be making fingerless gloves.  I've already made myself a pair, and a pair for Kingsley.  They're pretty cool.  I'm making a pair for Haile to sport on stage.  Woot! :)  Pictures to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment