Friday, February 25, 2011

ride, baby, ride.

so i finally got my new bike.  it's a Ladies Schwinn 700C Hybrid, and I love it.  even with the tires not fully pumped, it's a smooth ride.



i'm still quite a bit shaken up from my last ride TO school with the mountain bike i bought from Craigslist - it was so traumatic.  it took me 1.5 hours to get to Bop's side of town and she had to drive me to school w/that bike the rest of the way.  then it took me almost 2 hours to ride home in that bike.  i had no lights, just reflectors... i gave up the helmet in her car.  i was freaked out.

so this past thursday, i was dropped off at school with my bike and i rode home.  it was lovely and exhilarating, the way it's supposed to be.  it took me less than an hour to get home.  but i was too tired to ride TO school again (in addition to the traumatic experience riding TO school the last time) so i gave it a rest.

when the weather is nice again (it's supposed to be gross for the next week), i'll man up and ride one day.  maybe i'll give myself a full 2 hours this time, just in case :)

No comments:

Post a Comment